Is this still occuring with you using the latest HPLIP?

On 6/15/07, Dwayne Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I was running powertop on a desktop system that also acts as a print
server for an HP multifunction laser.

hpiod seems to go into stages of having 1000 CPU wakeups per second when
there is no activity on the system at all.

Although this system isn't a laptop so its not draining my batteries it
does present problems for pure print servers that should be able to shut
down into lower power states.  It also might unearth something that is
not being done very efficiently in the code.

Sorry I can't point directly to the problem in the code but maybe this
will give someone and incentive to look.  The fact that it always sits
at 1000 wakeups should make it easier to find.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Translate.org.za

+27-12-460-1095 (w)
+27-83-443-7114 (cell)

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - Firefly
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein