Thursday 04 of October 2007 18:59:00 PB wrote:
> Since upgrading to HPLIP v1.7.7 I can finally use my HP C4180
> scanner/printer device for scanning, but the outcome is rather ugly.

The current version is 2.7.9.

> In order to give the developers the possibility, to "see" what I'm
> talking about, I've prepared some image samples:
>
> http://www.das-werkstatt.com/c4180/
>

> These noisy-artifacts around the edges seem rather strange and
> unnatural, so I thought I'd post this issue here.
> Maybe someone could tell me if that's normal or not - or if that could
> be fixed somehow (settings?).

The scanimage gives sharper picture than WindowsXP. I prefer the one from
Linux and find it as better quality. If you want to have Windows "quality"
load gimp, then increase saturation and use blur effect on scanned picture.
This way you will get the same picture as in Windows.

zbiggy