Hi,

Please find attached the results of hp-check (from the 1.6.9 tarball as
not included in the 1.6.7 Debian package).

Note that gcc 4.1.1, libjpeg62 6b-13 as well as lsb are well installed
on my machine. The -dev packages are not, but to be honest, I don't see
why would need them.
The ppdev and libusb are not required as I use a network printer.

Given the high level of Debian package dependency, I do not think my
issue is caused by a missing package (or a lot of people would already
have noticed that I guess).

FYI, I use Python 2.4.4c0 as default python version. I thought this
might be of interest.

Cheers,
Julien