To install just printer driver on the XP box, on your CD, browse to the driver folder. You should see a list of folders for
various languages. Select your language and browse down the directory tree to the driver folder and select the .inf file
from there.
Raghu

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rouble
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:22 PM
To: hplip-help@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Hplip-help] HP 5610 Driver for remote Windows machines ?

hi,

I just bought an HP 5610. I connected it to my FC4 box, and it detected the printer fine. HPLIP installed fine. Printing is working great, locally.

Now, I wanted to print to this printer via IPP from other boxes. I have set this up many times before, so I didn't think it was going to be an issue.

On a Windows XP machine, I install a network printer, and give it the location of the FC4 box. It connects to CUPS fine. It then asks me for the make and model of the printer, to install the drivers. I select "Have Disk" and point it to my cd drive that contains the HP 5610 installation cd.

It selects an autorun.inf file and tries to do something. It then pops up a dialog box showing the drivers it found on the cd,  which read 'hp instant share'. Obviously, that is not the driver for the HP 5610. Selecting this gets me no where.

This problem is probably better suited for HP support aliases, but I thought I'd try here since some has probably run into this.

tia,
rouble