Please go to http://hplip.sourceforge.net and upgrade to the latest HPLIP and follow the directions for how to configure your printer.

The toolbox will only work with printers using the hp:/ backend. The usb backend will not work. There are detailed instructions for debian as well as an automatic installer.

Thanks.

Aaron

Thomas Fledburg wrote:
Hallo,
The graphical program "hp-toolbox" gives  an error: toolbox Listening on
localhost port 32802, No installed HP Device found:
But lpstat -t show that it is installed:
lpstat -t|grep pscplip
system default destination: pscplip
device for pscplip: usb://HP/PSC%201400%20series?serial=CN639DC0M404DZ
pscplip accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
printer pscplip is idle.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00

I use the printer HP PSC 1410 together with the HPIJS 2.1.2+ hplip0.9.2-2, cups
of debian sarge and the ppd form PSC1400.
I got it working by this howto:
http://julian.coccia.com/blog/index.php?p=82&more=1

My original problem was that I could not get rid of the border margin of 1,2 cm.
The Faq, as I understood, says that one can use "hp-toolbox" to fix this.

At this point I got stuck.  Any hints will be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Thomas