I have 3 systems, all running Mandriva Linux 2007, on a small
home network. I also have an HP Officejet 7310, connected via
ethernet, on the same network.

Using "hp-setup", I installed the printer on one of the machines
without any problems. The printing, fax, and scanning functions
all work correctly.

However, when I installed the same on the other two machines,
the printing and fax work fine. But the scanner is not being
recognized.

As far as I can recollect, I used the same installation procedure
on all three machines. Is there an additional step that I should
have undertaken?

By the way, all three machines can also run Windows 98 and Windows
XP. The scanner works fine on all 3 machines under Windows.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the device on both the systems,
but to no avail. The scanner just doesn't get recognized.

Please help.
Thank you,
Rumi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>