On Thu, May 23, 2019, 10:48 AM lostnbronx <lostnbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The question really isn't about this one episode, is it? This is
> really about policy.

Definitely. I think the last thing anyone wants is a system that requires
individual episodes to be evaluated by the mailing list.

I think Ken's question has two "bigger questions" that want answers:

- What's the simplest statement of a bright line test that an admin our
host can use to knew whether a given show is ok?
- How can we best reconcile A) our ideal of accepting all shows of interest
to hackers without censorship, with B) the necessity of abiding by the law
of the land?

The verbiage on the site (
http://hackerpublicradio.org/stuff_you_need_to_know.php#permission) seems
pretty clear to me: you need explicit permission to include the content in
your show, i.e., written acknowledgement from the rightsholder--preferably
a formal license compatible with the overall license for the show. Just
because your use of a work is "fair", and therefore allowed by law, doesn't
mean that it is without consequence or appropriate for every forum.