We still need more shows from people that have not posted this year.

What appears to be a "recording spree", is in fact people rushing to post something to the queue to urgently fill a vacant slot. This is undesirable for many reasons:

 * Chasing the queue leads to burnout. The stress of monitoring and
   filling upcoming empty slots eats into one's personal time. What was
   supposed to be a hobby becomes a chore.
 * We have already had comments that the quality of these shows suffer
   as a result.
 * Human nature results in people not posting a show when there are no
   free slots in the coming month, versus when there are slots
   available. Despite both queues containing the same number of shows.
 * People stopping listening to HPR because the feed is full of the one
   host that the listener doesn't like.
 * HPR is a community podcast. That means more people need to
   contribute. It should not be down to the few to keep the project going.

Moving shows around leads to confusion, dissatisfaction, and complaints. This is why the Janitors now always ask permission to move shows, which causes a delay in processing all the other shows. Given someone hasĀ  already have gone to the effort of recording a show, I think it's reasonable to ask people to scroll down a bit before posting their next show.

For those hosts that genuinely don't care when their shows are released, then we can add an option to post to the "Don't care/Reserve/Emergency Show" queue so that vacant slots are filled from there. That way the hosts intentions is made clear from the outset, and the Janitors know where they stand.

We need to at least try this two week spacing for hosts because I think it will help balance the slow continuous trickle going out with the bursts of shows coming in, and will make the actual state of the queue more visible.

--
Regards,

Ken Fallon (PA7KEN,G5KEN)
https://kenfallon.com