From: Reverdell Auriane
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 4:47 PM
To: hpx-us...@stellar.cct.lsu.edu; hpx-de...@stellar.cct.lsu.edu;
stel...@cct.lsu.edu
Subject: HPX 1.5.0 release candidate 1

Dear HPX users,

The first release candidate of HPX 1.5.0 is now available. Get it by cloning
the repository and checking out the 1.5.0-rc1 tag or downloading the archive
from our releases page:
https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx/releases/tag/1.5.0-rc1.

This is a big release with many changes and improvements. The main breaking
change of this release is that HPX now requires a C++14 compatible compiler and
the standard is set by default to C++14. Most relevant in terms of your builds
is that we have refactored our CMake targets. You can now link to HPX::hpx
(note the new HPX:: namespace) and if you need your main() to be defined as the
first HPX thread, you will also need to link to HPX::wrap_main. We continued
the modularization efforts which is still intended to be a non-breaking change.
As part of the modularization we have moved many headers around. The old header
locations will still work for a couple of releases but will cause warnings in
your builds. We encourage you to update your includes to the new header
locations as soon as possible. If you can't update your includes just yet you
can also turn off the warnings per module with the CMake option
HPX_<MODULENAME>_WITH_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=OFF. Otherwise, you can turn off the
compatibility headers of the specific module with
HPX_<MODULENAME>_WITH_COMPATIBILITY_HEADERS=OFF. While we believe weve sorted
out most issues, we ask you to try out the release candidate and let us know of
any issues that you find. In the first release candidate the APEX tag has not
yet been updated to the latest version.

Please let us know of any issues, small or big, that you might find by opening
an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx/issues.

A draft version of the release notes for HPX 1.5.0 will soon be opened on
Github, we will link to it in the next release candidate.

Thanks for your help!