Hi list,

I have a question about generating OTF2 traces for distributed runs. I
am able to generate traces on my desktop and laptop, but not on the
cluster. In the output I see these messages:

[OTF2] src/otf2_archive_int.c:3945: error: File does already exist:
Could not create archive trace directory!
[OTF2] src/otf2_archive_int.c:1108: error: File does already exist:
Couldn't create directories on root.
[OTF2] src/otf2_archive_int.c:1108: error: Unknown error code: Couldn't
create directories on root.
[OTF2] src/otf2_archive_int.c:3945: error: File does already exist:
Could not create archive trace directory!
... etc

and:

OTF2 Error: 17, File does already exist

and:

OTF2 Error: INVALID, Unknown error code

According to an earlier message by Kevin Huck on this list (8-3-2019) it
should be possible to generate traces, but maybe things have changed
over time? Is anybody able to generate OTF2 traces for distributed runs?

Thanks,
Kor