Hi Mikael and other HPX experts,

Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately they did not improve things
for me. To be clear, the only thing I don't understand is the binding
reported by `--hpx:print-bind`. What I do understand is:

- The binding of MPI process ranks to numa nodes, reported by mpirun's
`--display-map`. Process rank 0 is bound to numa node 0, process rank 1
is bound to numa node 1, etc. This is exactly how I want things to be.

- Relation between HPX localities and MPI ranks, printed from my own
code: hpx::get_locality_id() == hpx::util::mpi_environment::rank() ==
std::getenv("OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK"). This implies that HPX localities
are ordered the same way as the MPI processes. Locality 0 should be
bound to numa node 0, locality 1 should be bound to numa node 1, etc.
This is exactly how I want things to be.

The weird thing is that, according to `--hpx:print-bind`, localities are
scattered over the numa nodes. Locality 0 always ends up at the first
numa node, but the other ones are bound to numa nodes in a seemingly
random order. When performing scaling tests over numa nodes, the
resulting graphs show artifacts which could be the result of HPX
localities not being ordered according to increasing memory latencies.

At the moment I can only think of `--hpx:print-bind` being wrong, which
is unlikely I guess. But why does it suggest that the localities are
scattered over the numa nodes, when all other information suggests that
they are ordered according to the numa nodes?

Maybe I am just misunderstanding things. To be able to interpret the
results of my scaling tests, I would really like to understand what is
going on.

Thanks in advance for any insights any of you might have for me!

Kor