All,

We have released HPX 1.8.0 -- a major update to our C++ Standard Library for
Concurrency and Parallelism. The HPX parallel algorithms now have been fully
adapted to C++20, all existing facilities have been adjusted to conform to
this version of the Standard as well. We now can proudly announce full
conformance to the C++20 concurrency and parallelism facilities. HPX
supports all of the algorithms as specified by C++20. On top of that we
support parallel versions of all range-based algorithms and have added
support for explicit vectorization to more of our algorithms (using
std::experimental::simd). Much work has been done towards implementing P2300
(std::execution) and the underlying senders/receivers facilities. Last but
not least, we have finished the refactoring of the whole library into a
rather large set of non-cyclically depending components
<https://hpx-docs.stellar-group.org/latest/report/index.html> . Finally, the
new release comes with a brand new documentation interface
<https://hpx-docs.stellar-group.org/latest/html/index.html> !

You can download the release from our releases page
<https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx/releases/tag/1.8.0>  or check out the
1.8.0 tag using git. A full list of changes can be found in the release
notes
<https://hpx-docs.stellar-group.org/latest/html/releases/whats_new_1_8_0.htm
l> .

If you have any questions, comments, or exploits to report you can reach us
on IRC or Matrix <https://matrix.to/#/>  (#ste||ar on libera.chat) or email
us at hpx-users <mailto:hpx-users@stellar-group.org> . We depend on your
input!

Thanks and congratulations to everybody for their hard work!

Regards Hartmut

https://stellar-group.org

https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx