Just as a follow up on this. I found my code bombing out during startup
with the “lock held whilst suspending” message too and I reverted a recent
commit on hpx master (merge of cv race fix) and the lock error went away.
You might have been unlucky to get a checkout of hpx during a possibly
temporary buggy moment.  (I actually did a reset --hard to the commit
before the merge to solve my issue).

hpx-users mailing list