Dear Jakub,

sorry for a slow reply. I asked because error bars are very high on your
plots. Although it is possible to describe a trend for each configuration,
the standard deviation of your results is very high. Are you measuring the
speedup on your local machine? If each experiment does not last for very
long, e.g. less than one second, the TurboBoost on CPU might introduce a
non-deterministic factor which does not allow you to measure execution time
accurately.

I'm definitely not an expert in statistics and maybe someone here has a
much better knowledge about this problem, but I think that you might use a
different equation to calculate an uncertainty for a division of two values
with a given standard deviation:
https://lben.epfl.ch/files/content/sites/lben/files/users/179705/Error%20Propagation_2012.pdf
(section
5.3)
http://lectureonline.cl.msu.edu/~mmp/labs/error/e2.htm (point 2)
I think that your approach gives you a more pessimistic, wider boundary on
the actual uncertainty.

Best,
Marcin

sob., 7 lip 2018 o 19:08 użytkownik Jakub Golinowski <