The STE||AR Group is proud to announce the release of HPX 1.4.0!

This is a big release! We've added numerous new features, continued work on
modularizing and making HPX lighter, and all-round improved usability,
stability, and performance. Thank you to everyone in the STE||AR Group and all
the volunteers who have provided fixes, opened issues, and improved
documentation.

Download the release from our release
page<https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx/releases>. Please note that we will
not be providing downloads from stellar-group.org or stellar.cct.lsu.edu
anymore.

The highlights of this release are:

  *   We've added collectives, resiliency, and component checkpointing.
  *   HPX now has support for stackless threads that can be used to reduce task
overheads in situations where a task never needs to be suspended.
  *   We've continued modularizing HPX and have in the process improved
compilation speed with networking turned off and made compiled Boost libraries
optional in some configurations.

Please see our release
notes<https://stellar-group.github.io/hpx/docs/sphinx/tags/1.4.0/html/releases/whats_new_1_4_0.html>
 for a full list of changes as they contain important information on
deprecations and breaking changes. If you have any questions, comments, or
exploits to report you can reach us on IRC (#stellar on Freenode), or email us
at hpx-users@stellar.cct.lsu.edu<mailto:hpx-users@stellar.cct.lsu.edu>. We
depend on your input!