Hi all

I'm attempting to compile htdig-3.2.0b6 on a Solaris 10 server.

I've sucessfully configured the software with the following options:

CXXFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated CPPFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated ./configure
--with-PACKAGE

But I get the following error when I run /usr/ccs/bin/make

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libhtdb.la'
Current working directory /opt/htdig-3.2.0b6/db
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /opt/htdig-3.2.0b6/db
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \
dot_seen=no; \
target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
list='db htlib htword htcommon htnet htfuzzy htdb htdig htsearch httools
installdir include htdoc '; for subdir in $list; do \
  echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \
  if test "$subdir" = "."; then \
    dot_seen=yes; \
    local_target="$target-am"; \
  else \
    local_target="$target"; \
  fi; \
  (cd $subdir && make  $local_target) \
   || case "$amf" in *=*) exit 1;; *k*) fail=yes;; *) exit 1;; esac; \
done; \
if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
  make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \
fi; test -z "$fail"
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

I get the following error If I attempt to compile with
/usr/sfw/bin/gmake

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [libhtdb.la] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/htdig-3.2.0b6/db'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/htdig-3.2.0b6/db'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Subscribers to this list kindly assisted me to configure and make 3.1.6
last year. I am hoping someone can help me with the above issue. Any
assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Bettina

                 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be
read only by those persons to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer.  Any unauthorised form of
reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading on to any computer system.  No warranty is
given or made by Asgard Wealth Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management
Limited or SECURITOR Financial Group Limited that the information is free of a
virus or any other defect or error and they will not be liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication,
nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states they are the views of Asgard Wealth
Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management Limited or SECURITOR Financial
Group Limited, as the case may be.