At 5:37 PM +0700 11/3/00, Michael Rhodes wrote:
>If I use no_excerpt_show_top:    true   The message of course goes
>away but the hit/link is still there.  The problem is that it is indexing
>all the META tag descriptions and the hits uses the description
>data even though the actual viewable page does not have the word
>in it.

I'm not sure what your question is. If you don't want these hits to
show up, then set the meta_description_factor to 0:

<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#meta_description_factor>

If you want META description tags shown if they exist, then set
use_meta_description:

<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#use_meta_description>

--
-Geoff Hutchison