> Hello,
>
> I operate with htdig since a short time and have now the following
> question:
>
> If it is possible
> to search the content of MSWORD
> documents (Version 6.0, 7.0, WinWord 2000) using HTDIG?
>
> or if there is another search mechanism
> which could do it??
>
> Markus Fabritius
>
> --
> Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

Yes, using an external parser, specified by an

        external_parsers:

statement in the configuration file.

On the htdig web site click on "Contributed work" and then "External Parsers".
You should use either doc2html.pl or conv_doc.pl, they are both Perl scripts
which call various utility programs to do the actual conversion.  Do not
use the old parse_doc script.

Doc2html.pl gives you a choice of either wp2html (very cheap commercial
product) or catdoc (public domain) to convert Word files.

--

David Adams
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>