According to B.G. Mahesh:
> Linux: 2.2.14-5.0smp (Redhat 6.2)
> HTDIG: 3.1.5
> Apache: 1.3.14
>
> When I search for few the word "rajkumar" on
> the news finder window on
>  http://news.indiainfo.com/2000/12/08/india-index.html
> it gives me an error. When I check the cgi-bin dir I see a core file.
>
> % file core
> core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file of 'htsearch' (signal 11), Intel 80386,
> version 1
>
> Why does this happen?

It's hard to say without getting a stack backtrace from the core dump.
First of all, did you install from an RPM or compile from sources.
If you installed the wrong RPM, that could potentially lead to such
problems.  Mostly, though, this is a symptom of database corruption,
which can happen if for example you have two htdig processes updating
the database simultaneously.  Did you try rebuilding the database from
scratch, e.g. using "rundig", to see if that makes the problem go away?

See the last paragraph of FAQ 5.14:

    http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.14

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>