According to Mike Paradis:
> I've looked high and low for this answer but have not found it yet.
>
> I know that I can create multiple databases but how can I search multiple databases
>from
> one search form?
>
> >From the one search form, I would like users to enter which dbase they would like
> search, dbase1 or dbase2 or dbase3 etc. Perhaps in the form of a radio button.
>
> They then enter the keyword and the search would begin.
> The only other way I can think of right now is to call a seperate htsearch process
>for
> each dbase. Also, if I can achieve this from within one form, would the system be
>able to
> handle multiple requests from different users?

If you use radio buttons, then you can only select one database at a time
anyway.  This can be done using the config input parameter to select the
one configuration file for the desired database.

On the other hand, if you use checkboxes or a select multiple list, then
you'd need Rajendra's patch for multiple database searching:

    http://www.htdig.org/htdig3-dev/2000/03/0117.html

It's already in the 3.2 code base, as Geoff pointed out.  For 3.1.x, there
is a patch available by following the above link, but it's for 3.1.3, so
I don't know how smoothly it'll apply to 3.1.5.

The other option is to use htmerge to build up some combined databases
for all the combinations you're likely to need, and select them as single
databases using a select list or radio buttons.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>