In the directives list, this is explained...

robotstxt_name
type:  string
used by: htdig
default: htdig
can be used to make htdig appear as a different spider than ht://Dig. Useful to
distinguish between a private and a global index.
example:  robotstxt_name: myhtdig

However, I am still not clear on this because of the mention os what htdig can be made
look like. Is this directive so that htdig will know to look for robots.txt or a custom
name file that does the same. Or, is this to make our digger look like something else?

Mike