According to Roger Weiss:
> I'm running htdig v3.1.5 and my digging seems to be running out of steam
> after it runs for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or so. The initial msg
> was "Unable to connect to server". So, I ran it again with -v v v   to get
> the error message below.
>
> pick: ponderingjudd.xxx.com, # servers = 550
> 3213:3622:2:http://ponderingjudd.xxx.com/ponderingjudd/id6.html: Unable to
> build
>  connection with ponderingjudd.xxx.com:80
>  no server running
>
> I've replaced part of the URL with xxx to protect the innocent. The server
> certainly is running and I had no trouble finding the mentioned url. Is
> there some parm I need to set or limit I need to raise?
> We're running an apache server with startservers =25 and minspace=10.

I guess the next question, if you're sure the server is running, is can
you access it from a client?  More specifically, can you access it using a
different web client on the same system as the one on which you're running
htdig (e.g. from lynx, Netscape, kfm, or some other Linux/Unix-based web
browser)?  If you can, then the problem will be to figure out why htdig
can't build the connection while other programs on the same system can.
If you can't access the server from any client program on the same
system, then the problem isn't with htdig, but with your network setup
(e.g. firewall, packet filtering, or a bad connection from that system).

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>