According to Mathias Rohland:
> I have a problem with the performance of htdig 3.2.0b2. I'm indexing
> about +25.500 HTML-docs at the moment and it takes several (+8) hours
> to index them on a machine that's not to busy with outher tasks (PII 233
> w/ 512K Cache and 128MB RAM).
> I need to use htdig 3.2.0b2 as we need phrase searching and a second
> machine in another location that runs with solaris won't like 3.2.0b3.

3.2.0b3 is still a work in progress, but it already fixes a large number
of bugs in 3.2.0b2.  Try the latest snapshot of b3, and if you still
can't compile it on Solaris, please e-mail us at this list the output
of the configure and make runs.  I don't think it makes sense for us to
take time debugging an old beta version when the real problem here is
you can't build the latest beta pre-release.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>