I thought everything installed right..no errors finally :)
however.. i type in rundig and get this

ajax:/export/netapp/user/rpy/htdig-3.1.5/installdir/> rundig
rundig: @BIN_DIR@/htdig: not found
rundig: @BIN_DIR@/htmerge: not found
rundig: @BIN_DIR@/htnotify: not found
ajax:/export/netapp/user/rpy/htdig-3.1.5/installdir/>

so I move up a directory, there is no bin directory made..so what can I
do, is making a bin directory(which is what CONFIG says) and copy those
exe to it , is that going to work, im going to try but that still doesn't
explain why there is no bin when CONFIG says there should be... hummm

ron