Veni,

This is the developer mailing list, but your question is a typical user
question. You may get more detailed information on the user list:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/mail-lists.html

Yes, HttpClient seems like the way to go. Have a look at this sample
code which is part of the example package:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/examples/PostXML.java

The 10 minute scheduling is of course out of the scope of HttpClient.
But it's easy to do using for example the Timer class.

Cheers

Ortwin