Hi All,

Im having difficulty finding a good way to determine whether or not my
connections are actually open before I send my message to the server.
Im using the MTHCM, I have one thread responsible for sending messages
and another thread responsible for checking the connection.  To check
the connection i use the getConnection method from MTHCM, then call
isOpen().  This method returns true even when Ive disabled my network
interface.  I have setStaleCheckingEnabled = true.

Is there an easy way to check if my sockets are still open?  I assume
that Im using the library incorrectly but I can not find any other
reference to a similar issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paolo Mentonelli
Based on the present E-Mail exchange, and/or on the agreement reached
with you, respectively, UBS is entitled to contact you via insecure
E-Mail:
(a) E-Mails contain substantial risks such as lack of confidentiality,
manipulation of content and sender, misdirection, viruses etc. UBS
does not accept any liability for damages arising from use of
E-mail. Accordingly, UBS recommends to abstain from sending any
sensitive information via E-Mail, from forwarding the text received
when submitting reply E-Mails and recommends to manually capture the
E-Mail address in every instance. If you should wish to verify the
content of this message, please request a hard-copy version.
(b) In principle, UBS does not accept any (purchase) orders,
cancellation of orders or authorizations etc. via E-mail. If UBS
receives such E-Mails, UBS is not obliged to expressly decline them.
If you have received this E-Mail by mistake or do not wish to be
contacted by E-Mail in the future, you are kindly asked to inform UBS
accordingly. Any E-Mail received by mistake (including all its annexes)
needs to be destroyed and the content may not be forwarded nor disclosed
to any further persons.
c) This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be
related financial instruments.