Hi,

We're using HC in order to access an internal high-volume service
(thousands reqs/sec), and we noticed that DefaultHttpParams is
synchronized all over the place. This kills concurrency (I have a thread
dump showing ~1200 threads waiting there ;-)), and I don't think it is
necessary - it should be possible to read settings without having to
acquire locks first.

We found some references to this issue on the Net, but none on this
mailing list. Is this a known issue? Is this something that needs
fixing?

Thanks,

Cees de Groot