Mocking frameworks can mock almost anything.  Just take a look at Mockito or
similar frameworks and you'll see how it's done.  Your job might be easier if
your use of HttpClient was encapsulated in an application-specific layer that
only performs that function, as it will likely be easier to mock that layer
instead of HttpClient.