Hello,

We are using the async http client 4.1.2 in our app (an api Gateway).
Several installations are managing more than 15.000 requests simultaneous
opened, and now we are in the process to optimize some code in the proxy.

Some time ago we could read a thread talking about the global lock that http
pool has, in order to control the max connections parameter. To avoid a
possible lock contention in high concurrent scenarios, Oleg planned to
implement a new method to control the max connections in a more “relaxed”
way, that would not use the lock at the cost to not exactly control the
number of connections opened at any time.

Our question is if there is any schedule to have this method implemented, or
if it’s planned to release it in any of the next http client versions.

Thanks,

Joan.