Von: M.P. Ardhanareeswaran <mp.ardhanareeswa...@oracle.com>
Gesendet: Montag, Juli 23, 2018 3:53 PM
An: HttpClient User Discussion
Betreff: Re: so_reuseport and HttpClientConnection

Bernd:

I have a use case in which the client wants to perform a transaction that uses
a database connection. The database connection is associated with a worker. The
client has the URI to the database connection but the client’s GET/POST etc.
have to be routed to the correct worker/child. Cache doesn’t figure in this
design.

Something like this seems to be possible with reverse proxies. In my case, I am
considering a handler/module. It may be a server side question. It may be that
I’ve to play with the URI for routing. IDK yet.

HttpRoute in the direct mode is driven by host/port. With SO_REUSEPORT, it
almost seems like I need the remote port to distinguish/check out a connection
from the pool manager. Or I’ve to solve the problem in a different way on the
server side.

With regards,
M.P. Ardhanareeswaran