Hello Oleg,

We are finishing the migration and have the last questions:

1. If a connection is kept-alive for 30s at second 0, and after 10s is reused,
this connection will die at second 30 or will survive until second 40?

2. Regarding the RetryHandler, below the method inherited from http 4.5 and
modified to work with http5:

public boolean retryRequest(HttpRequest request, IOException exception, int
executionCount, HttpContext context)
{
  // Don't retry if max retries are reached.
  if (executionCount > this.maxExecutionCount) return false;

  // Don't retry if any of these exceptions occur.
  if (exception instanceof InterruptedIOException || exception instanceof
UnknownHostException || exception instanceof ConnectException || exception
instanceof SSLException) return false;

  // Retry of if this request is considered 'idempotent'.
  return (!(request instanceof HttpEntityEnclosingRequest));
}

I understand the first two conditions are still ok (not sure if we have to add
new exceptions on that list) but regarding the last condition,what would the
equivalent condition be in Http5?

3. We have increased the response time of our backend (ip ended with '182') in
order to exhaust the strict/lax pool. When this happens the pool starts to
throw a DeadlineTimeoutException. At this moment the number of sockets in
TIME_WAIT increases a lot until making the server unresponsive (probably
exhausting the local ports):

 [root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
99
[root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
101
[root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
98
[root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
25876
[root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
61507
[root@ns3103538 ~]# netstat -anp | grep TIME_WAIT | grep "179.182" | wc -l
97615

Is this the right behaviour? If Http5 cannot create new connections, so no new
sockets are opened, why does the number of sockets in TIME_WAIT raise at those
values?

Thanks,

Joan.