We’ve used the Apache HttpClient using the maven-dependency:
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.5</version>
              </dependency>
When I updated the version from 4.5.5 to 4.5.8 – I see failures in
compile-time: missing classes etc.
I corrected it to:
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.8</version>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.8</version>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpcore</artifactId>
                     <version>4.4.11</version>
              </dependency>
Now it compiles successfully, but with these messages:
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.httpcomponents:httpmime:jar:4.5.8 is invalid,
transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging
for more details
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:4.5.8 is
invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug
logging for more details
Can you fix it?

  • ... Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
    • ... Francois-Xavier Bonnet
      • ... Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)