On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 15:02 +0530, Kaushal Kothari wrote:
> Just for clarification,I want to access the HTTPS url via proxy
> server and proxy server has the basic authentication set.
>
> In order to authenticate,"Proxy-Authorization Basic <encoded auth>"
> header should be sent along with CONNECT request but which is
> missing.

It is missing because HttpClient has not been correctly configured to
respond the the authentication challenge.

you might have seen in last mail attached screenshot.If you are
> unable to see then let me know how can I send it to you again?
>
> So I created the POST request using the HttpPost class which is from
> the HttpClient API. HttpClient doesn't generate the "Proxy-
> Authorization Basic <encode_auth>" header so added the same and pass
> it to HttpClient to extract it from the POST request.

Why are you adding `Proxy-Authorization` to the POST request? This
makes no sense.

Please see HttpClient documentation, in particular, `Proxy
authentication` code example:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.5.x/examples.html

Oleg