Fixed in repository. Will be included in 2011.0 beta 3.

** Changed in: hugin

** Changed in: hugin
    Milestone: None => 2011.0beta3

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  use image metadata to determine crop-factor and hfov

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hi.

  Currently when I open some images in hugin, it only detects the focal length
(by using metadata information).
  It would be nice if the same could be done, too, for the crop factor and the
HVOF.

  I'm not sure whether these are standardised Exif-Tags or not, but some
  camera manufacturers (at least) encode this in their "binary" fields.

  If I take e.g. images made by my Olympus E-5 or the E-510 and do a:
  exiv2 -pt image.orf
  I don't find any tag which I'd say it's the crop factor or the HFOV.

  However:
  exiftool seems to be very well able to get these information, e.g.:
  $ exiftool P3096244.ORF | grep "^Scale Factor"
  Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent: 2.0

  $ exiftool P3096244.ORF | grep "^Field"
  Field Of View                   : 65.1 deg (3.51 m)

  Actually it seems to be able to get even more data out of Olympus'
  binary fields, you should have a look at them some might be perhaps of
  use for hugin?!

  It's (especially for "end-users") a pain to decide their lense type
(rectified, etc.),.. this would AFAIU make this not longer needed.
  And the values are probably more correct (at least they differ from what
hugin caculates if I enter just the crop factor and focal length).

  I'd suppose that the other major manufacturers have similar fields
  encoded.

  Cheers,
  Chris.