I could just reproduce the problem with
enblend 4.1-2f3c9caab556
and the attached original size files. I hope this 50MB attachment does make its
way to launchpad.
Felix

** Attachment added: "Original size images demonstrating the problem"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/766501/+attachment/2110089/+files/test_enblend_finemask.zip

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Enblend.

Title:
  Enblend treats larger input tif as black with --fine-mask

Status in Enblend:
  New

Bug description:
  Blending two input tiff files (remapped files from hugin) with enblend
results in one image treated as solid black during blending if:
  (a) --fine-mask is used, and
  (b) the input image size is large enough (here: 9000px high triggers the bug,
8000px and below is ok).

  The attached images illustrate the problem: 2 input files
  (input0000.tif and input0002.tif) and two output files, one with
  --fine-mask (bad_finemask_9000x4500.tif) and one without
  (good_nofinemask_9000x4500.tif). Unfortunately those are images
  reduced to a width of 2000px from an original width of 9000px. If
  needed I can provide the quite large originals as well.

  Version has been pulled yesterday: enblend 4.1-2f3c9caab556.
  Compilation was without OpenMP, trying with or without imagecache does
  not make a difference.