@Andrew:  the "owner" of the PPA only uploads a source package.  The
build is done by Soyuz [0] on Canonical's infrastructure.

The Hugin source code lives in a Mercurial (Hg) repository, not CVS.

One contributor to the PPA has an automated script to generate the
"nightlies".  Approximately every 24 hours the script checks the latest
status of the repository and if there have been changes it
*automatically* builds a source package and post it to the build farm at
Canonical.

The process for the "latest builds" is manual and described here [1].  I
produce some of them when I have time/resources.  So far I did not have
resources for neither Maverick nor Natty.  I need my workstation (Lucid)
for work.  The Hugin PPA can use new contributors.

@Wolfgang: thank you for your feedback, it helped identifying the
problem.  I am not sure if it has been fixed, can somebody check again
and confirm?  there should not be any need to force installation.

[0] https://dev.launchpad.net/Soyuz
[1] http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_PPA

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  refuses to install on natty: Depends: libexiv2-9 ...

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  using synaptic for re-enabling hugin ppa (maverick->natty)
  checking 'hugin' --> additional  libpano13-bin --> Mark

  Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade
  hugin:
   Depends: hugin-tools but it is not going to be installed
   Depends: libexiv2-9  but it is not installable

  hugin-data, enfuse, enblend are installed

  the only ppa's are hugin/natty and googleearth
  2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:24 UTC 2011 x86_64
  DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.04"