1) I am able to reproduce with latest nightly build
2011.2.0.6973435c5a20. But unlike previously this is not 100% producible
just by dragging the image out of the crop rectangle. The image has to
be way out of there. See attached pdf. Panorama is on the other side of
the panosphere. If the image was just dragged out of the crop rectangle
then the autocrop was able to complete.

2) So far I have been using 2010.4 due to preview issue so I can not
answer. I try to find time to test this to some extent and I will report
to the correct bug #792896  thread if I find anything. Hopefully I have
some unstiched panoramas to make.

Ubuntu 10.04 / 64bit, eMachines laptop E642G, Amd Athlon II X2 P340, Ati
Mobility radeon HD5650, 4GB DDR.

** Attachment added: "Crop.pdf"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/816324/+attachment/2240649/+files/Crop.pdf

** Changed in: hugin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  Hugin 2010.4 preview hangs when autocropping w/o active pixels in the
  crop region

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  New

Bug description:
  This is a minor irritant, easily avoidable and I had forgotten about
  this. Since we are now trying to capture the preview hang issue I
  decided to report this in case this is relevant. Repeatable 100% in
  Ubuntu 10.04 / Hugin 2010.4 and I suspect (i.e have a recollection)
  that this is repeatable in earlier versions.  Repeat as follows

  1. Load Images
  2. Align Images
  3. Go to preview window
  4. Drag the image out of the crop rectangle
  5. Press auto crop
  6. Program reports that auto cropping is in progress but this process never
completes.