** Changed in: enblend

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Enblend.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787387

Title:
  small artifacts in fused 16bit TIFFs

Status in Enblend:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  When blending a set of 16bit TIFF images, I noticed artifacts in the
  output. Depending on the enfuse setting used, these occur in different
  places and look different. When I used the default setting, the
  artifacts looked like groups of coloured dots (see
  enfuse_problem_fused_default.tif) and when I used exposure only, they
  came as single pixels (see enfuse_problem_fused_only_exposure.tif),
  also see the respective jpg screenshots where the artifacts are
  enlarged. The images were created by hugin's nona, I tried several
  sizes and also the original unmodified images, the effects were the
  same. The 16bit TIFFs were created by digiKam's batch RAW import from
  Canon CR2, using conversion to 16bit and storage as TIFF as the only
  active processing steps. I converted the images to JPG with gimp, and
  when I fused the JPGs, there was no problem. I also opened the images
  with fotoxx and saved them in a different file but the same format, in
  which case the problem persisted. I suspect the problem may stem from
  the 16bit format. Here's my session which produced the flawed results:

  >enfuse enfuse_problem_[0-2].tif -o enfuse_problem_fused_default.tif
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_0.tif 1/1
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_1.tif 1/1
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_2.tif 1/1
  >enfuse enfuse_problem_[0-2].tif --saturation-weight=0 -o
enfuse_problem_fused_only_exposure.tif
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_0.tif 1/1
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_1.tif 1/1
  enfuse: info: loading next image: enfuse_problem_2.tif 1/1

  >enfuse --version
  enfuse 4.1-101796703d73

  I use a Kubuntu 11.4 system on an intel processor. Find enclosed a tar
  file of the files in this session.

  Kay