You are right. I just tried with two previous versions as well and it doesn't
work there either. So I checked the code and it has never been able to work
like implemented.
Currently the only work-around I can present to you is to start the
PTBatcherGui.app from finder from the folder where also your Hugin.app resides.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  PTBatcherGUI doesn't start from Hugin via menu command

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  New

Bug description:
  I have a large folder of images and want to use PTBatcherGUI to look for
series of images that look like stitchable projects. One way to start up
PTBatcherGUI is to open Hugin and follow the 'Tip of the Day': "To run the
assistant on a bunch of projects use the batch processor PTBatcherGUI."
  Menu 'File' -> 'Run Batch Processor' doesn't start PTBatcherGUI

  2012.0.0-RC1 built by Harry van der Wolf
  Mac OS X 10.6