hugin doesn't accept Raw files, you'll need to pre process those, e.g. in RPP
from http://www.raw-photo-processor.com
Save to 16-bit Tiffs, use VCDMF (in "Interp."), no need to degrade the quality
using JPG at this stage.

Does hugin still crash? Please post the error log...

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  hugin will not open any of my files

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  New

Bug description:
  Hi hugin will not open any of my files, saying (no matter what I
  rename them) that it cannot open files with -and it gives a list of
  characters commonly used to write code but that are not in the files
  name -and that I need to rename them. I can send you a screen shot? I
  have tried any number of names and times.

  Operating System: Mac OS X (Darwin 10.8.0 i386)
  Architecture: 32 bit
  Free memory: 0 kiB

  Hugin
  Version: 2012.0.0 built by Harry van der Wolf
  Path to resources: /Applications/Hugin/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/xrc/
  Path to data: /Applications/Hugin/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/xrc/
  Path to public lensfun database:
/Applications/Hugin/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/lensfun
  Path to user lensfun database: /Users/uhanepono/.local/share/lensfun

  Libraries
  wxWidgets: 2.8.12.0
  libpano13: 2.9.18
  Boost: 1.46.1