This is on 10.8

These crashes seem to be related to the "Show extend of active masks and
crop" option (and the wxWidget alerts) as suggested by Thomas.

Upon enabling / disabling the option Hugin showed that WXWidgets Debug
Alert that I already mentioned. I dismissed with "Cancel" to suppress
further warnings and now I can add masks no matter if I select or
deselect "Show extend of active masks and crop". Looks like I have a
workaround.

However also on 10.8 with that option selected Hugin displays the whole
image dimmed even if just a small part is masked.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  Hugin crashes when creating mask

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  New

Bug description:
  2014.0.0-beta1 built by Matthieu DESILE
  Mac OS X 10.8.5

  In "Masks" tab I select an image file, click on "Add new mask" and add
  a couple of points to create a polygon. As soon as I try to set the
  last point (right click) the image and all points disappear and Hugin
  quits.

  The crash report is attached.