Ok, that explains the immediate symptoms, but why did Hugin
automatically choose different output options? I didn't touch any of the
other options, as I explained in my question.

In all, I tried to create a total of 9 panoramas, all of which seem to
have different options:

1) Only X.jpg was created.
2) X.jpg and X_blended_fused.jpg was created.
3) X.jpg and X_blended_fused.jpg was created; this is BodrumPanorama3
4) Only X_blended_fused.jpg was created.
5) Only X_blended_fused.jpg was created.
6) Only X_blended_fused.jpg was created; this is NisyrosPanorama.
7) Only X.jpg was created.
8) Only X.jpg was created.
9) X.jpg and X_blended_fused.jpg was created.

Looking at the output options dialog box again, I now see that there are
different options selected. For BodrumPanorama3, the options "Mit
Belichtungskorrektur, niedriger Dynamikumfang" and "Belichtungsfusion
von beliebiger Anordnung" are selected, while for NisyrosPanorama, only
the latter option is selectec, the former one is not selected and
disabled (so I cannot even select it!) - why?

Also, there is no tab named "Zusammenfügen" - I only see the tabs
"Assistent", "Vorschau", "Layout", "Projektion", "Bewegen/Ziehen" and
"Beschnitt".

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  No Output Image Created

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am trying to combine 9 portrait-oriented JPEG photos to a wide
  panorama D:\SomePath\A\A.jpg (actual name replaced for the sake of
  clear thinking, see below). Hugin says the photos "fit very well".
  However, all that remains is a partly blurry file named
  A_blended_fused.jpg, the expected A.jpg is missing, even though Hugin
  claims the stitching was successful.

  When attempting the same for another wide panorama D:\SomePath\B\B.jpg
  based upon 12 photos (same camera, same resolution, same format;
  actual name replaced, see below), everything works, and not only the
  partly blurry B_blended_fused.jpg is created, but also the excellent
  B.jpg.

  In both cases, I did not change any of the default settings; the only
  input I made was selecting the input files, clicking the align button,
  slightly moving the clipping bounds, and entering A/B for the name of
  the project and the output file (in the same directory as the
  respective input files).

  In A.log, what I find remarkable, is that the filename A.jpg does not
  appear a single time. Where in B.log, enblend is first invoked with
  the argument '-o "B.jpg"', before later being invoked for
  B_exposure_0000.tif, A.log shows that enblend is *immediately* invoked
  for A_exposure_0000.tif.

  These are my system details, as displayed by the about box (user-
  specific path anonymized with environment variable) - I downloaded and
  installed the latest Hugin version
  (HuginSetup_2013.0.0_64bit_Windows.exe) yesterday from SourceForge:

  Betriebssystem: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition
  Architektur: 64 bit
  Freier Speicher:  5055828 kiB
  Aktive Codepage: 1252 (Western European Windows)

  Hugin
  Version: 2013.0.0.0d404a7088e6 built by Matthew Petroff
  Ressourcen-Pfad: C:\Program Files\Hugin/share/hugin/xrc/
  Datenpfad: C:\Program Files\Hugin/share/hugin/data/
  Pfad zur öffentlichen lensfun-Datenbank: C:\Program Files\Hugin/share/lensfun
  Pfad zur privaten lensfun-Datenbank: %LocalAppData%\lensfun

  Bibliotheken
  wxWidgets: 2.9.4.0
  libpano13: 2.9.18
  Boost: 1.44.0
  Exiv2: 0.20.0
  Lensfun: 0.2.5.1

  The only errors found in the logs are many repetitions of this message
  after calls to nona:

  Error: Directory Panasonic with 20224 entries considered invalid; not
  read.

  These errors appear both in A.log and in B.log.

  The attached files contain the actual names:
  A = NisyrosPanorama (does not work)
  B = BodrumPanorama3 (does work)