Public bug reported:

tested on OS X 10.11 / Hugin 2018.0.0 rc1

The Help window opens outside of the screen area both when opening the
help window from the menu and also when clicking on the question mark
button inside the enblend options dialog.

Opening Help from the menu shows the window with the title bar at a
position with negative y coordinates, thus the standard close button of
OS X can't be reached with the mouse. Mac OS X 10.11 doesn't allow such
a window to be dragged to another position other than using the upper
title bar of the window. So it should be tested that a new window opens
with the upper left corner inside the screens field of view.

As a test I have created a shortcut (using a third party macro editor)
to manually reposition the front most window's top left corner to x=50 /
y = 50. That actually works and now I tested if I had accidentally
dragged one such window to this wrong coordinates and that position was
later stored by my system prefs. So I closed the correctly repositioned
window and tried opening it again: it still opens at a too high
position.

Also the help window can't be closed using the standard shortcut on Mac
OS X: Cmd+W

BTW the 'about' window is opened in the center of the screen.

Now when the help window is front most and I try to quit Hugin (Cmd+Q) Hugin
will crash this way:
A dialog opens
"atos needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type
the name and password of a user in the 'Developer Tools' group to allow this."
username:
password:
[Cancel] [Continue]

There is no such group defined on my system and no matter what user/pw I
try or click 'Cancel' the program will crash.

** Affects: hugin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  Help window opens outside of the screen area

Status in Hugin:
  New

Bug description: