I don't see the error message which causes the error code.
How do you run align_image_stack? From Hugin itself? Or from another program?

When running from Hugin, go the preferences, tab general and select
"copy log message to clipboard". When you now run align_image_stack the
clipboard should contain a more meaningful log. Please post the log from
the clipboard here.

If this does not work or you are running align_image_stack from another
program, run align_image_stack with the given command from the
terminal/shell and post the output from the terminal.

** Changed in: hugin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  align_stack_images error 1

Status in Hugin:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Hello while using align_image_stack I got the following message

  Command: align_image_stack -f 22.616454 -v -p /tmp/ap_res5lUldB
"/home/yanez/Pictures/2018_07_22/DSC05084.JPG"
"/home/yanez/Pictures/2018_07_22/DSC05088.JPG"
  failed with error code: 1

  I am using an update version of your code. It appear in Ubuntu 16.04
  LTS.

  Operating System: Linux 4.4.0-127-generic x86_64
  Architecture: 64 bit
  Free memory: 1253012 kiB

  Hugin
  Version: 2018.0.0.5abfb4de7961
  Path to resources: /usr/share/hugin/xrc/
  Path to data: /usr/share/hugin/data/
  Hugins camera and lens database: /home/yanez/.hugindata/camlens.db
  Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP
  Monitor profile: HP 15 Notebook PC

  Libraries
  wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.0.2
  wxWidgets Library (wxGTK port)
  Version 3.0.2 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
  Runtime version of toolkit used is 2.24.
  Compile-time GTK+ version is 2.24.30.

  libpano13: 2.9.19
  Boost: 1.58.0
  Exiv2: 0.25
  SQLite3: 3.11.0
  Vigra: 1.10.0
  LittleCMS2: 2.6

  I found a similar bug in an old version of the code. It was related to
  unecual size of tiff files. Those are jpg and same size.

  Regards and thanks in advance.

  Jorge