Hugin installs all its own files in its own directory. So there is no conflict
except Hugin is already running.
The installer bundles also "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual
Studio 2019". These files are provided by Microsoft and are needed to run
Hugin. For convenience these files are included in the installer.
So it seems the other mentions programs "Dell SupportAssist Remediation" and
"Intel(R) TPM Provisioning Service" (for me these are no "system" programs,
these are third party programs concerning the OS) also depend on these
Redistributable.
Normally after updating the Redistributable old programs should still run, but
I can't guarantee this.

PS: These Redistributable  are needed by all programs which are compiled
with Visual Studio (and the link with the dynamic runtime). So this
can't be avoided.

** Changed in: hugin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  Hugin installer conflicts with other software

Status in Hugin:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When I tried to install Hugin 2019.0.0 on my Dell Inspiron 24-5459 AIO
  running Windows 10, I was presented with a "Files in Use" dialog box
  stating that these two applications were using files gthat Hugin
  needed to update:

  Dell SupportAssist Remediation
  Intel(R) TPM Provisioning Service

  The latter is a service that controls system security via encryption
  using the TPM chip built into my system.

  I obviously do not want Hugin to override any of the files used by
  this security service with their own, so I was forced to abort the
  installation.

  I would suggest you fix this problem so that your app does not
  conflict with either of these system apps. You could potentially
  jeopardize an encrypted system's ability to function if the TPM
  provisioning service is adversely affected by a Hugin installation.

  Best,
  Dennis