In the first case the problem is complex and a combination of several
switches. With the optimization of HFOV (-m) the optimization leads to a
movement of the second image outside of the ROI. When now running
autocrop (-C switch) it resulted in the hang because the second image is
outside of the panorama canvas. This is now fixed in the repository.

You are using a lot of different parameters. So it is difficult to reproduce
the second example. When using the parameters as in your first sample it works
here (with and also without -m switch).
So please don't simply add the images here. Please provide also the full
command line for reproduction. Otherwise it becomes too difficult to find
something plausible.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  align_image_stack hangs

Status in Hugin:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I have an application that uses align_image_stack, which works very well.
  Unfortunately it sometimes hangs up when aligning two images, I assume that's
because they are too difficult to align. It states "Number of good matches: 0,
bad matches: 40" many times, then that it has done "n iterations" up to 259. At
that point it states "Run called" and then gets stuck. This would be alright if
I was using it from a terminal, but it's embarrassing when it does it in my app
- there's no easy way to detect the condition and stop it.
  It would be better to prevent it - is that possible? If not I think it's a
bug. I can supply the two  images.