k...@ph.ed.ac.uk wrote:
> On 3 May, 13:31, Andreas Metzler <ametz...@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
>> FWIW I have made prelinary deb packages of hugin 0.8.0 beta4 and
>> libpano13 2.9.14 rc1 for Debian lenny and later.

>> i386 binaries for the trusting.
>> deb http://www.bebt.de/debian/lenny hugin080

> Hello,

> Maybe I am inexperienced with debian, but adding
> deb http://www.bebt.de/debian lenny hugin080
> to my /etc/apt/sources.list did not do any magic with apt (apt-cache,
> apt-get),

Did you run "apt-get update" after editing sources.list?

> cpu2:/home/kf# apt-cache show hugin080
> W: Unable to locate package hugin080
> E: No packages found
> cpu2:/home/kf#

The package is still named hugin:
ametz...@argenau:~$ apt-cache policy hugin
hugin:
  Installed: 0.8.0~beta4-1~amlenny.1
  Candidate: 0.8.0~beta4-1~amlenny.1
  Version table:
 *** 0.8.0~beta4-1~amlenny.1 0
        500 http://www.bebt.de lenny/hugin080 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.7.0~svn3191+beta5-2 0
        500 http://ftp.at.debian.org lenny/main Packages

> Looking for hugin brings up hugin070...

> Next I manually downloaded the deb packages and tried dpkg.
> After a few missing dependences resolvable by hand I come to the
> following:

> Unpacking replacement hugin ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of hugin:
> hugin depends on enblend (>= 3.2); however:
>  Version of enblend on system is 3.0+dfsg-2.
> hugin depends on enfuse; however:
>  Package enfuse is not installed.
> hugin depends on libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.7.1); however:
>  Package libwxbase2.8-0 is not installed.
> hugin depends on libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.7.1); however:
>  Package libwxgtk2.8-0 is not installed.
> dpkg: error processing hugin (--install):
> dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Processing triggers for menu ...
> hugin

[...]
> Of course it is experimental, and maybe I should have got apt going
> (how?) instead of dpkg for automatically resolve dependencies.

enblend 3.2 and enfuse did not make it to lenny, they are available
from backports.org, though. After installing enfuse and enblend from
backports.org "apt-get -f install" should take care of the remaining
issues.

hth, cu andreas
so grateful to you.'
.`I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'