Yuval Levy wrote:
> Jim Watters wrote:
>
>> We wont need to define a new annotation to identify control points
>> belonging to a particular plane if we assume all control points of an
>> image that is using Ti or Tr are of the same plane.
>>
> this is exactly the assumption I want to get rid of. Photos have depth
> and I can't tell the CP generator not to consider extruding, intruding,
> or protruding elements of a fassade.
>
> Yuv

If we want to build entire 3D environments so we can walk through it,
then yes, every plane must be identified.  And every edge of those
planes.  None of our automated CP generators can do that.  Although we
are getting line detection.  Maybe they can be combined?

What we might need is a new optimizer that calculated the distance a
point is from the plane and a CP clean that removes points that are
furthest from the plane.  The control points on the anchor images
identify the plane.

My interest in using the Tr Ti is for placing the a nadir shot that was
taken off NPP, for removing a reflection in a mirror by taking an
additional shot, or for assembling spherical panoramas that were taken
handheld.

--
Jim Watters

jwatt...@photocreations.ca