Hi George,

2010.1.0-svn4933 definitely works on my PPC G5 when started from the
10.4.11 HD. I just tested with two projects, one from 2009-12-30, the
other one from 2009-08-29. Both open nicely, also using the fast preview
window. Oh, and it also works with projects (dating back to 2009-12-30
and 2009-09-01) just like yours: a single Equirectangular that needs to
be converted into a "little planet" Stereographic projection.

I suspect something is wrong with your pto file or maybe the input image
is corrupted. Does the .pto open in a text editor (e.g. TextWrangler,
just temporarily rename the extension from .pto to .txt)? Does the input
image open in an image editor (e.g. Photoshop, GraphicConverter)?

Carl