Yes, the page doesn't mention the --grad arugement because as of yet i've not
been able to get it to work.  It's not in the "help" either.

On a default install, "All images at once" is the default. (Or was on mine).

I'll test installation on a vanilla install of ubuntu myself this evening.
Prior to installing the cutting edge, I had hugin installed and removed it
before installation of the new binaries.

Dale